Santa Monica Daily Press cover story
KCRW's Design & Architecture blog
LA Times blog
Bus World magazine
Quotes from transit industry leaders:
“Clear Volume” Bus
- The high seating capacity, the attention given to special needs riders and the vertical seating concept create an attractive transportation experience solving many transit woes.
- The design is modern and attractive, yet familiar, making it very approachable for new transit users.
- The very efficient use of sunlight and natural elements will keep the costs of operation very low. Zero-emissions will keep the air clean and breathable.
- The Clear Volume design with center lowering section and vertical seating is very rider friendly and enhances the riders feeling of space while within an enclosed environment.
- When one passenger cell has worn beyond repair, it can be replaced with a new one, as opposed to replacing the entire bus. This will save money and resources across the board.
- The modular design of this bus is exciting and optimizes ridership comfort depending upon conditions present.
- With the varying cells that can be used to match the needs of the riders, this bus should increase ridership immensely and leave no one stranded.
- Powering the bus through a battery system and regenerative braking would work extremely well in a transit setting.
- By running clean and filtering the air while it is operating, this bus will prevent more damage while also reversing the damage from other vehicles nearby. If an entire fleet is introduced, the impact will be substantial.
- Hub mounted electric motors and solar cells are excellent ideas to power this bus.
- Going beyond energy-efficient at the motorization level is now an imperative and it will be even more important by 2050.
- Riders will love the ability to sit on the upper deck and enjoy the scenes of Santa Monica.